Good Morning. My owner must say good morning to me each day by opening me in a browser. If more than 24 hours pass without being seen, I will cease to run and become a blank screen.
Good Morning is a counterpiece to Good Night that inverts the relationships. Rather than the artist texting the owner good night, the owner must say good morning to the piece to keep it alive.
It is an edition of 28 representing the lunar month. Over time, some of the pieces will die while others continue to live based on the behavior of their owners. The owner's own mortality becomes a factor as well—will they create a contingency plan for their own death to keep the piece alive? The work questions our relationship with and dependence on technology over the passage of time, and asks what responsibilities owning something can hold.
Edition: 28 + 1AP
Listing with Vellum
- Good Morning requires an internet connection. It detects whether the NFT has been opened in any browser by anyone. If 24 hours pass without it being open anywhere, it will no longer live, transitioning to a blank screen.
- Good Morning should work on any modern browser on any device.
- If you like, you may leave the page open running over days, you do not need to close and reopen it.
- When open, the page will periodically refresh itself to ensure it's displaying and connecting properly.
- If someone else views your NFT online, this will also keep it alive.
- Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org